This blog is less than two months old, and it’s getting more exciting every day.
My week started off with a notification that I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Bernadine at Bern Bakes. Thank you, Bernadine! I’m glad you like my blog. 🙂
I started this blog in some free time I had on maternity leave with baby #5.
I love to write, take pictures, and experiment with healthy recipes. This week, my daughter gave me a big compliment. She said I should stop using recipes and always just make up my own. 🙂
I feel like this nomination is a warm welcome into the blogging community. And I am learning that it is a virtual community. The whole idea of the award generates more traffic for everyone and helps bloggers get to know each other and pass on compliments to each other. What a wonderful idea!
I advise new bloggers to recognize the blogging world as a community. Realize that there are real people on the other side of the computer screen on the other side of the world. Be kind to each other. Read other blogs. Like other blogs. Comment on other blogs. Do unto others as you would like to be done to you. Also, try to write good quality, interesting posts. Be unique. (I think I’ve gone beyond my 2 cents worth of advice.)
My nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award are (in no particular order):
- jewishmom.com written by a friend, a wonderful Jewish mom
- sally’s baking addiction one of the most beautiful blogs I’ve ever seen, with a number of posts with advice for new bloggers
- simply recipes a great resource for good recipes for real food
- chocolate covered katie full of healthy dessert recipes and other fun kitchen experiments
- smitten kitchen by a fellow mom, also cooking in a tiny kitchen
- cookie and kate a great blog full of beautiful, healthy recipes
- bless this mess please another mother trying to get some wholesome stuff into her kids
- from the laundry room deep thoughts, totally relatable, good writing
- frugal mom eh a fellow frugal mom, this one in Canada
- elana’s pantry great healthy food blog
- minimalist baker simple, easy, healthy recipes
- the wholesome fork more healthy recipes
- naturally ella more healthy recipes and some great photography
- oh she glows another healthy food blog…are you starting to see a pattern here?
- the girl on bloor a gorgeous food blog
Rules for the Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created. (Doing that now)!